Research Associate in Agricultural and Resource Economics 80%
The research group Agricultural and Resource Economics invites applications for a research associate with expertise in Economics of climate change. This is the right position for you, if you are enthusiastic about studying economic agents' decisions in the context of climate change and working with sophisticated econometric models.
School: School of Life Sciences and Facility Management
Starting date: 01.11.2022, this is a tenured position
- Research within the EU research project "Lamasus" (Land use and Management modeling for Sustainable governance): Analysis of relevant policies/data; Formulation and estimation of microeconometric models of land use decisions; Collaboration in the implementation of a behavioral experiment (during the first 3.5 years of the employment
- Developement of own research agenda incl. acquisition of third-party funded research projects
- Publishing in peer-reviewed journals in the field and high-profile interdisciplinary outlets
- Teaching and supervision of students
- PhD in Agricultural economics or another field of Applied economics
- Solid background in production economics, econometric methods and other quantitative modelling approaches
- Good didactic skills as well as experience in teaching or supervising student work are an advantage
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
The Department of Life Sciences and Facility Management is located in Wädenswil on the left side of Lake Zurich. Here, teaching and research are conducted in the fields of the environment, nutrition and food, health and society.
The Institute of Natural Resource Sciences (IUNR) implements applied research and development projects and provides services to public and private sector institutions. It consists of six research areas, in particular, Ecotechnologies and Energy Systems, Geoecology, Organic Agriculture, Sustainability Transformation and Food Systems, Tourism and Sustainable Development and Urban Ecosystems.
The Agricultural and Resource Economics Research Group is a team of environmental, resource and agricultural economists. The core research areas of the research group are Economics of climate change, Economic valuation of ecosystem services, Productivity and sustainability in the agri-food sector, and Innovation and behavioral aspects of decision making.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
Prof. Dr. Raushan Bokusheva
Head of Agricultural and Resource Economics Research Group