Faculty Position, Professor of Economics and Co-Head of the Center of Economic Policy (m/f/d) 80 - 100 %
The ZHAW School of Management and Law invites applications for a senior faculty position, to take a leading role in developing the field of applied economics, in research, teaching and outreach. The role involves managerial responsibility as Co-Head of the Center of Economic Policy.
School: School of Management and Law
Starting date: by mutual agreement
- Shaping the agenda for third party funded research, teaching and outreach in one of the areas of applied research which is not yet covered by the SML
- Assuming leadership of the Center for Economic Policy, including personnel and budget responsibility, as part of a Co-Lead
- Enhancing the pipeline of third-party funding (e.g. grants and endowments) with academic research funding institutions (e.g., Swiss National Science Foundation, Innosuisse, European Union) and national or international practice partners (e.g., International Monetary Fund, Federal Offices)
- Engaging in educational agenda (teaching at Bachelor, Master, or executive education levels)
- Contributing to culture and people development within the team and the department, actively participating in shaping and cultivating the academic environment of the school
You have finished your PhD in economics, ideally in an applied field. Your academic expertise is evidenced by publications in relevant journals, in the field of applied economics. You bring a proven track record in the acquisition of third party funded projects with academic research funding institutions and/or with practice partners. You have a high level of knowledge of the Swiss economy and institutions as well as a strong academic and business network in Switzerland. Your teaching experience to different audiences is manifested through evaluations with consistently high ratings. Your entrepreneurial spirit is complemented by leadership experience. Excellent communication skills in English and German are essential. Other languages might be a plus.
If the requirements are met, the title of Professor may be awarded through the Fachhochschulrat (Council of the Universities of Applied Sciences of the canton of Zurich).
ZHAW School of Management and Law is committed to increase diversity and encourages explicitly applications by female and/or diverse candidates.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
The ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) is one of the leading business schools in Switzerland with internationally recognized Bachelor's and Master's degree programs, as well as cooperative PhD programs and well-established life-long learning programs. As the first business school at a Swiss university of applied sciences, the SML meets the high standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Since 2020, the SML has been included in the Financial Times Ranking of the best European business schools. Our main principle, «Building Competence. Crossing Borders.» underpins the high quality of our educational programs and research and reflects our global mindset and aspirations. The SML will host the upcoming European Academy of Management (EURAM) Annual Conference in 2022.
We offer an inspiring, dynamic, and collegial environment with a high degree of independence and many possibilities for creativity. In addition to competitive salary conditions, the department offers an excellent location on our Winterthur campus in the canton of Zurich, a «green garden» environment with high living standards and good connections.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
Professor Andreas Bergmann
Director, Department of Public Sector