Faculty Position, Professor* of Arts Management 100 % (m/f/d)
The ZHAW School of Management and Law invites applications for a senior faculty position, to take a leading role in developing the field of arts management, in research, teaching and outreach.
School: School of Management and Law
Starting date: August 2022 (or by mutual agreement)
- Shaping the agenda for third party funded research, teaching and outreach in the area
- Enhancing the pipeline of third-party funding (e.g. grants and endowments) with academic research funding institutions (e.g., Swiss National Science Foundation, Innosuisse, European Union) and national or international partners (e.g., foundations)
- Engaging in educational agenda (teaching at Bachelor, Master, or executive education levels)
- Contributing to culture and people development within the team and the department, actively participating in shaping and cultivating the academic environment of the School
- PhD, with a thesis in arts management or a related field
- Academic expertise, evidenced by publications in relevant journals, in the field of arts management
- Proven track record in the acquisition of third party funded projects
- Experience in teaching to different audiences, manifested through evaluations with consistently high ratings
- Leadership skills, communication skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication skills in English and German are essential; other languages might be a plus
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14'000 students and 3'400 faculty and staff.
The ZHAW School of Management and Law (SML) is one of the leading business schools in Switzerland with internationally recognized Bachelor's and Master's degree programs, as well as cooperative PhD programs and well-established life-long learning programs. As the first business school at a Swiss university of applied sciences, the SML meets the high standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Since 2020, the SML has been included in the Financial Times Ranking of the best European business schools. Our main principle, "Building Competence. Crossing Borders." underpins the high quality of our educational programs and research and reflects our global mindset and aspirations. The SML will host the upcoming European Academy of Management (EURAM) Annual Conference in 2022.
The Center for Arts Management sets high standards in its degree and continuing education programs and is highly committed to the effective integration of theory and practice. The center works closely with professionals from cultural institutions and projects, public bodies, creative businesses, and the non-profit sector.
We offer an inspiring, dynamic, and collegial environment with a high degree of independence and many possibilities for creativity. In addition to competitive salary conditions, the department offers an excellent location on our Winterthur campus in the canton of Zurich, a ?green garden" environment with high living standards and good connections.
*If the requirements are met, the title of Professor may be awarded through the Fachhochschulrat (Council of the Universities of Applied Sciences of the canton of Zurich).
ZHAW School of Management and Law is committed to increase diversity and encourages explicitly applications by female and/or diverse candidates.
Interviews will start in March 2022, review of applications will continue after this date.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
For expressions of interest, or confidential enquiries about the position, please contact:
Professor Andreas Bergmann
Director, Department of Public Sector
For general information, please contact:
Senior Branding & Recruiting Manager