Postdoctoral researcher in Building Energy Systems and Building Simulation
If you are a widely interested and open-minded person who likes to work at the interface between building systems, architecture as well as construction and supports our team with new ideas and solid research work, this is the right opportunity for you.
School: Architektur, Gestaltung und Bauingenieurwesen
Starting date: Upon agreement
We offer a two years position, with the possibility for extension, in the area of building energy systems and building simulation. The successful candidate will join the newly funded research center for Building Technologies and Processes at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW), School of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering and will be doing research in the building energy systems domain. A particular research focus will be put on thermal energy systems, development of novel building components, building control, optimization and exploration of data-driven methods.
Your work will include:
- Supporting ongoing research in thermal energy systems
- Writing of research proposals and taking over/supporting project lead
- Writing technical/project reports
- Authoring/co-authoring articles in scientific journals
- Supporting the creation of new ideas and build-up of the research team in the domain of building energy systems
- PhD in engineering or physics with knowhow in thermodynamics/thermal energy systems
- Knowledge of building related energy systems
- Good mathematical modelling skills
- Know-how in physical/thermal simulations on a system level (building simulations) and some prior experience in using building simulation tools such as TRNSYS, EnergyPlus, Modelica, etc.
- Know-how in optimization techniques and control desired
- First experiences with GIS analysis and data-driven methods
- Experience in scripting/programming in MATLAB, PYTHON, etc.
- Fluency in English oral and written, German level B1 and above desired
Please apply by handing in your motivation letter, cv and references until the 15th of October 2021.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14,000 students and 3,400 faculty and staff.
The newly funded research center "Building Technologies and Processes" is hosted in the department of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering. It's research targets exploration of the future of construction, featuring ad-vanced, resource-efficient, lightweight construction, low carbon technologies and novel digital processes.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
Dr. Luca Baldini