Professor (f/m) for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Faculty Position) 80 – 100 %
With your initiative personality and scientific excellence, you impact research and teaching in the field of artificial intelligence internationally and shape your environment sustainably. We offer you the freedom you need to do this.
School: School of Engineering
- Research & Development: You shape an independent, method-oriented and application-oriented agenda in research and development of national and international appeal that creates impact. Ideally, you will position yourself thematically in one of the growth areas of our research center:
- Explainable AI, Trustworthy Machine Learning, Robust Deep Learning, MLOps
- Autonomous Learning Systems, Reinforcement Learning, Multi-Agent Systems
- Teaching:You create and teach basic and advanced modules in the Bachelor's degree programmes in computer science and data science, at Master's level, PhD level and / or in continuing education. Your inspiring teaching style continuously attracts excellent students to your research group.
- Leadership: You build up your own research group and lead it in terms of personnel and finances. Through successful acquisition activities (e.g. EU, Innosuisse, SNSF) and as a Principal Investigator, you ensure sustainable growth. As a member of the centre leadership, you will take responsibility for the management of programmes at the CAI and take the initiative to contribute to specialist committees, associations, and public discourse
- We are looking for a dynamic personality with excellent international credentials in applied sciences, who is a beacon of light and charisma.
- You have a university degree with a doctorate in computer science or a related field.
- In addition, you have gained several years of professional experience in specialist and, preferably, management positions in business and have an appropriate network in Switzerland and Europe.
- If the requirements are fulfilled, the title of professor will be awarded. The title is awarded by the Council of the Zurich Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts (FHR).
- Experience in the field of public speaking or teaching/didactics and, if applicable, in the development of teaching programmes is highly advantageous.
- We expect a high degree of independence and self-motivation, initiative and enthusiasm, enjoyment of challenging current issues and a customer- and result-oriented approach to work, as well as English and ideally written and spoken German.
- In return, we offer you a lot of freedom and the opportunity to shape the newly founded research centre together.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 13,000 students and 3,000 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading education and research institutions in Switzerland, the School of Engineering (SoE) focuses on topics relevant to the future. 14 institutes and centres guarantee high-quality education, research and development with a focus on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
The Centre for Artificial Intelligence (CAI) currently maintains two research groups in the areas of Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision, Perception and Cognition ) and sees its growth areas in the focus areas of Autonomous Learning Systems and Explainable AI.
The CAI conducts method-oriented applied research and development at the highest level in the field of machine learning and is committed to a human-centred approach to artificial intelligence, which actively shapes the ethical dimension. Ideally, your expertise and research interests span a triangle with the existing groups.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
Prof. Dr. Thilo Stadelmann
Director of Centre CAI