Dozent/-in Experimentelle Mechanik 80 - 100%
Zur Ergänzung unserer Modellierungs- und Simulationstätigkeiten sowie zum Ausbau unserer Aktivitäten im Bereich Digitalisierung suchen wir eine/n Dozentin/Dozenten Experimentelle Mechanik.
Departement: School of Engineering
Arbeitsbeginn: 1st February 2022
- Acquisition, planning and management of applied research and development projects in the field of experi-mental mechanics using data driven methods (statistical and model based analysis of experimental data, ma-chine learning) for mechanical aspects in the area of digitalisation
- Supervision of project, bachelor and master theses as well as teaching courses in Engineering Mechanics (courses mostly in German, partially in English language)
- Expansion of the existing research field by competences in experimental mechanics in the area of dynamics, structural testing and/or sensor / measurement technology
- Development and implementation of data-driven concepts for mechanical aspects in digitalisation (physical modelling and metrology for predictive maintenance, digital twins, industry 4.0)
- University degree with a doctorate in the area of engineering sciences or related disciplines. Well-founded ex-perience with modern data-driven methods is preferred.
- Proven competence and experience in experimental mechanics in a (industrial) research environment is a re-quirement.
- In future, IMES aims to position itself more strongly towards EU research. Existing experience with EU research funding programs is beneficial.
- You would like to demonstrate your entrepreneurial skills in the acquisition of third-party funded projects by showing a high degree of motivation, personal responsibility and proactivity. You enjoy working in a team, with students and being responsible for scientific staff. Eventually, you can prove a decent proficiency level for teaching in German.
ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences is one of the major multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences in Switzerland, with over 13,000 students and around 3,000 employees.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 14 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with an emphasis on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
At the Institute of Mechanical Systems (IMES) we deal with questions from the mechanical engineering environ-ment. We focus on the three core competencies Applied Mechanics, Lightweight Design and Biomechanical Engi-neering.
The competence group Applied Mechanics focusses on the mechanical characterisation and modelling of the de-formation and damage behaviour of elastomers, polymers, and metallic materials. Thereby, advanced material models are used in non-linear finite element simulations for the design and assessment of critical, highly loaded structural components. Within the scope of the ongoing digitalisation, we currently expand our competences in modelling and simulation using modern data-driven methods like statistical and model-based data analysis as well as machine learning for applications in mechanical aspects in the area of predictive maintenance, digital twins and industry 4.0.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte: