PhD student in Machine Learning for Perovskite Device Simulation
You are eager to join a young team of researchers, whose passion is innovative applied research with great impact. And you are highly motivated to contribute to the success of the project.
School: School of Engineering
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Contributing to our reserch activities related with Lab 4.0 in the DIZH initiative and an ERC project
- Applying and developing device simulation software (such as setfos)
- Validating the models with perovskite devices in collaboration with other team members
- Introducing machine learning into device simulation
- Master in physics, electrical engineering, computer science or chemistry
- Experience in physics-based modeling
- Programming skills in Python, C, Matlab, or similar
- Desired: Knowledge in AI and ML
- High motivation and skills for working independently in a scientific environment
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland's largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14,000 students and 3,400 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering (SoE) emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 13 institutes and centers guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with a focus on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
In the Novel Semiconductor Devices group at the Institute of Computational Physics (ICP) we investigate the physics of solar cells and further optoelectronic devices using innovative characterization and modelling approaches.
Wir bieten hochschulgerechte Arbeits- und Anstellungsbedingungen und fördern aktiv die Personalentwicklung unserer Mitarbeitenden und Führungspersonen. Eine detaillierte Beschreibung der Vorteile finden Sie auf der Seite «Arbeiten an der ZHAW». Hier die wichtigsten Eckpunkte:
Dr. Wolfgang Tress