International Workshop DynPOWER
REGISTRATION (FREE of Charge)
Thanks to the financial support of SCCER-FURIES, the registration to the DynPOWER-Workshop is FREE of charge and includes welcome refreshments, coffee breaks and one meal. There is a limited number of available places, which are going to be distributed on a first come, first served basis. For registration click here.
Welcome to the 3rd International Workshop DynPOWER Dynamic Stability Challenges of the Future Power Grids
Significant penetration of renewable energy sources (RES) does not only introduce operational challenges due to its stochastic behaviour but also affect the dynamic response of the transmission system due to their architecture based on fast acting power electronics lacking of rotating masses, which are contributing to today’s power system stability as an inherent short term energy storage. The operation of transmission systems is evolving and it is necessary to provide new tools to support its real time operation and to maintain its security.
Organized by Dr. Rafael Segundo and Prof. Petr Korba, the international workshop is a free event that brings together a panel of experts from industry and academia from different countries to debate and present what they are doing to overcome the future energy challenges. The contributions address topics of massive integration of renewable sources, monitoring, protection and control of the future power grids.
- Dr. Tadeja Babnik, ELPROS, Slovenia
- Dr. Hjörtur Johannsson, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Dr. Santiago Sanchez, SINTEF, Norway
- Dr. Francisco Gonzalez Longatt, University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway
- Dr. Hector Chavez, Universidad de Santiago de Chile USACH, Chile
- Dr. Mario Arrieta, Universidad Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Mexico
- Dr. Emil Hillberg, The Swedish Research Institute RISE, Sweden
- TBD, OPAL-RT Technologies, Germany
- TBD, Technical University Ilmenau, Germany
- Dr. Rafael Segundo, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
|09:00-09:45||Reception (Registration, coffee and refreshments)|
|09:45-10:00||Welcome– Prof. Dr. Petr Korba|
|10:00-10:35||Dr Hector Chavez, USACH|
|10:35-11:10||Dr. Tadeja Babnik, ELPROS|
|11:10-11:45||Dr. Hjörtur Johannsson, DTU|
|12:00-12:35||Dr. Francisco Gonzalez Longatt, University of South-Eastern Norway|
|12:35-13:10||Dr. Santiago Sanchez, SINTEF|
|14:35-15:10||Technical University Ilmenau|
|15:30-16:05||Dr. Mario Arrieta, UNAM|
|16:05-16:40||Dr. Emil Hillberg, RISE|
Casinotheater Winterthur, Stadthausstrasse 119, 8400 Winterthur
- Arrival by public Transport: The Casinotheater is located in the heart of Winterthur's old town and is easily accessible by public transport. Winterthur Central Station is less than a 5-minute walk from the Casinotheater.
- Arrival with private Transport: The Casinotheater can be reached via the A1, exit Winterthur-Töss, Oberwinterthur or Wülflingen and continue towards the city center. Parking is available in the multi-storey car park Archhöfe, Coop / Manor am Stadtgarten, Eulachpassage, main train station or technical center within walking distance.
2nd International DynPOWER Workshop
1st International DynPOWER Workshop
- Dr. Rafael Segundo, DynPOWER Workshop Chair Research Associate, Institute of Electrical and Fluid Engineering, Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Petr Korba, DynPOWER Technical Program Chair, Head of Power Systems and Smart Grids Group, Institute of Electrical and Fluid Engineering, Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW. email@example.com